Creamy Cucumber & Dill Potato Salad
Makes approximately 4 servings
1 lb of mini potatoes (yellow or red – whatever your preference is)
1/2 cup of English cucumber, with peel, sliced and quartered
1/4 cup of red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup of light mayonnaise
1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dried dill (if using fresh dill, use less as it has a stronger flavour)
1 tsp black pepper
1. Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until tender. It is important not to overcook them or they will go mushy! Check tenderness by poking with a fork or tip of a sharp knife. Drain potatoes and rinse in cold water. Let them completely cool.
2. While potatoes are cooling, mix all dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add cucumber, red onion and green pepper to dressing. Mix well.
4. Once potatoes have cooled, cut in half. Add to bowl with rest of ingredients. Mix well.
5. For best results, cover and let potato salad sit in fridge overnight, or at least a few hours prior to serving.
Nutritional Information (estimated) per serving:
Fat: 5.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 24.7 grams
Fiber: 2.8 grams
Sugar: 3.5 grams
Protein: 5.1 grams