OATMEAL BANANA CHUNK COOKIES
As promised, here is the recipe for the Oatmeal Banana Chunk cookies pictured in my gallery “Tea & Cookies” which can be viewed here.
2 cups oats
2 cups organic flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
2 large bananas, chopped into chunks
1. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
2. Add eggs, gently start mixing into dry ingredients.
3. Add banana, gently mix. The mix may appear to still be a little dry. Once you have mixed all ingredients, let dough sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes (this allows the dry ingredients to absorb as much of the moisture from bananas as possible).
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon dough onto nonstick cookie sheet about an inch apart.
5. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until the bottoms have browned lightly. Remove from oven and let cool. Makes 20 cookies (I make mine a bit larger than normal, would probably make 24 normal sized cookies).
6. Eat up!
Nutritional Information per Cookie:
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g